Two of Utah’s 29 counties have 100 or more stakes, and nine counties have 10 or more stakes.
The state’s most populous county, Salt Lake County, has the most stakes, with 181. Utah County, which includes Brigham Young University, has almost as many, with 174 stakes.
Three counties have no stake headquarters within their boundaries, but there is Church presence in all three.
Rich County has three wards and two branches in the Paris Idaho Stake and three wards in the Kemmerer Wyoming Stake.
Piute County has three wards in the Panguitch Utah Stake.
Daggett County has one ward in the Green River Wyoming Stake and one ward in a Vernal, Utah, stake.
- Church membership grew in 49 of 50 states over past 10 years
- Africa, Philippines lead Church growth over past 10 years
- See graphics showing Church growth during 2021
- In what region did the number of missions almost double in the past 10 years?
- What 4 nations have the most Latter-day Saints?
- Which countries have the largest percentages of their populations as Latter-day Saints?
- What are the countries with the most Latter-day Saints?
- Where do the largest percentages of Latter-day Saints live in the U.S. and Canada? Check out these stats on states, provinces and territories
- More than 40% of Canadian Latter-day Saints live in which province?
- Nearly half of Church members in the U.S. live in 3 states. Where do the rest live?