The Sunday School chorister and organist -
1. Report to the ward Sunday School presidency.2. Consult with the presidency about the hymns selected for the opening exercises, using new and less well-known hymns as well as familiar favorites.
3. Spend the time singing rather than discussing technical aspects or giving lengthy background information.
4. Focus on the spirit of the hymn and its message, making the hymn-singing period a rewarding experience for both children and adults.
5. End on time so as not to infringe on class time.
- Sunday School Handbook, p.4