Priesthood leaders should consistently urge members to redeem the dead through family history and temple work. Leaders help members build testimonies of this work, emphasizing the blessings that come from it. More specifically, leaders should encourage members to -
- Receive their own temple ordinances.2. Provide temple ordinances for their deceased ancestors and others.
- Study the doctrines and principles relating to the work for the dead.
- Prayerfully determine what they can do to help.
- Teach their children the importance of the temple.
- Melchizedek Priesthood Leadership Handbook