"We have had our individual and family prayers, and we always did things together and made all the decisions together." - Florence W. Lane
Married 70 years ago on April 25, 1928, in New Milford, Pa., where they operated a 280-acre dairy farm. They were baptized at Harmony, Pa., in the Susquehanna River in 1942 and afterward held sacrament meetings in their home. Moved to Idaho and were sealed in the Logan Temple, and later moved to Mesa, Ariz., where she served as Relief Society president and he served as elders quorum president. They served in the Dakota-Manitoba Mission and the Florida Tallahassee Mission. They have been temple workers in the Mesa Temple for 21 years and are members of the Mesa 6th Ward, Mesa Arizona North Stake. Parents of four children, they have 21 grandchildren, 45 great-grandchildren, and 12 great-great-grandchildren.