I suggest the following:
- Think about the things in your personal life with which you are not contented or happy about. You could use the following categories, such as your relationship with your Heavenly Father, the level of your confidence or self-esteem, your relationships with your spouse and children, and your relationships with extended family.
- Make a list of the changes you would like to make. Prioritize these changes.
- Educate yourself on the changes you want to make. Do research; read applicable books (in line with Church standards). Identify the information from your research.
- Set realistic goals, then go to work. Work on a goal every day. Keep a journal on your progress or needed areas of improvement. But be patient with yourself; change doesn't occur overnight. Don't let one failure stop your progress.
- Let your loved ones know what your goals are. Explain how you are going to work on your goals.
- Ask Heavenly Father in prayer for help. Also ask your family for help, where necessary. Share your successes with your family.
- Celebrate your successes. Thank all those who helped, especially your Heavenly Father.
Edna Crabbere, Roanoke, Va.