PETERBOROUGH, Ontario Members of the Peterborough Ward, Oshawa Ontario Stake, marked the growth of the Church in their area Oct. 18-20. During the three-day celebration, members participated in an open house and memorabilia night, a community tree-planting effort, a time capsule ceremony and a commemorative Church service.
In Peterborough throughout the 1930s and 1940s members met in one another's homes. In 1952 when the branch was organized, members began meeting in rented facilities. As the congregation grew so did its members' desire to have their own Church building, which was built in 1963.