From I-80 traveling east:
- Just before Iowa City, Iowa, take Highway 218 south at exit 239.
- Travel south to Donnelson and take Highway 2 east toward Fort Madison.
- In Fort Madison, follow Highway 2 east through town and take the toll bridge, which crosses into Illinois.
- Take Highway 96 south about 10 miles to Nauvoo.
From 1-80 traveling west:
- Just east of Moline, take Interstate 74 east to Galesburg.
- Take 34 west to Biggsville.
- Go past Biggsville, take 94—116 south to Highway 96 south.
- Stay on Highway 96 south to Nauvoo.
From I-70 traveling east or west:
- In Missouri, take exit 209 at Wentzville on Highway 61 north.
- At Hannibal, take Highway 36 east across the Mississippi River Bridge.
- Travel Interstate 72 north past Quincy.
- Exit west on Highway 24.
- Follow Highway 24 to Highway 96.
- Follow Highway 96 north into Nauvoo.
What to do in Old Nauvoo
Pick up complimentary tickets at Nauvoo Visitors Center before 2 p.m. on the day of performance. No Sunday performances.
"Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo" Plays daily at 7 p.m. at the Cultural Hall, additional show at 8:15 p.m. during summer; 65 minutes. Production runs year round.
"Nauvoo Adventure" Daily 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. at the Visitors Center; May 23 through end of August; 70 minutes.
(A limited number of tickets are available. Those wishing to see "Rendezvous" and "Nauvoo Adventure" should reserve tickets by calling 1-888-453-6434 ext. 22).
"Sunset by the Mississippi" Outdoor theater at end of Parley Street; no tickets required; May 10 through Sept. 1.
Especially for children
Family Living Center Hands-on demonstrations of pioneer activities.
Pioneer pastimes Pioneer games and activities, stories, small log home and school. Grassy area on historic Main Street.
Blacksmith and Wainwright Shop Presentation of wagon wheel and horseshoe making.
Brickyard Demonstration of how bricks are made and fired.
Scovil Bakery Sample homemade gingerbread cookies.