Art-loving Primary children from across the globe are invited to submit entries that may be featured in a future exhibit at the Church History Museum in Salt Lake City. Boys and girls, here’s how to get involved:
1. Create a work of art on the theme “The Gospel Blesses My Life.” Your artwork could be about families, temples, missionaries, prophets, scriptures, nature, service, pioneers, Primary or Church activities.
2. You must be between the ages of 5 and 12, and you may send only one work of art.
3. Your artwork should be on a flat piece of paper or fabric. It should be no larger than 12 inches by 14 inches (30 centimeters by 36 centimeters), and it should not be framed.
4. You may use crayon, pencil, marker, ink, charcoal, acrylic, watercolor, pastels, oil or any other two-dimensional medium.
5. Take your time so your artwork will be the best you can create. Your art should take up most of the space on your paper.
6. Write your full name on the back of your artwork. Have a parent complete and sign the form below. Then tape the form to the back of your artwork.
7. Your entry must be postmarked on or before July 31, 2010. Your artwork will not be returned to you.
Your entry might be featured in an exhibit at the Church History Museum, from January 3 to July 4, 2011; in an online art show on the Friend Web site; or in “Our Creative Friends.” Not all entries will be used or exhibited.
Please send your entry to:
Children’s Art Exhibit
45 N. West Temple St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84150, USA
The following information and permission must be included:
Child’s full name ____________________
State/Province, Country ____________________
Parent’s e-mail address or phone number ______________________
I grant permission for this entry to be featured in an exhibit, on the Church Web site, in the Church magazines, and for all publicity.
Signature of parent or legal guardian _________________________