Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints spoke during the Sunday afternoon session of October 2021 general conference. He emphasized using the full name of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The following is a summary of what he said.
Notable quotes from Elder Andersen
Summary of Elder Andersen’s talk
For the last three years, President Russell M. Nelson has encouraged the proper use of the full name of the Church.
“Now is our time, and we are reestablishing the revealed name of the Church. The destiny of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints requires that we be called by His name.”
The Prophet Joseph Smith once prophesied, “This Church will fill North and South America — it will fill the world.”
When the Savior returns in majesty and glory, “Christians, who are not among our membership, will welcome our role and our sure witness of Christ. Even those Christians who have viewed us with skepticism, will one day embrace us as friends. In these coming days, we will be called by the name of Jesus Christ.”
“The Lord always keeps His promise, He opens the way for us as we do His work.”
“We appreciate the many good and gracious people who have honored our desire to be called by our correct name.”
As individuals willingly follow the counsel of the Lord as revealed through living prophets, “especially if it runs counter to our initial thinking, requiring humility and sacrifice, the Lord blesses us with additional spiritual power, and sends His angels to support us and stand by us.”
About Elder Andersen
- Elder Neil L. Andersen was sustained to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles on April 4, 2009.
- He served a mission in France and presided over the France Bordeaux Mission from 1989 to 1992.
- He and his wife, Kathy Williams Andersen, are the parents of four children.
Elder Andersen in the news
- An inspirational message video released by the Church on Sept. 16 features excerpts from Elder Andersen’s October 2019 general conference talk “Fruit”.
- Elder and Sister Andersen traveled to Latter-day Saint historic sites in the Eastern United States Aug. 27-29, reflecting on the life and mission of Joseph Smith and other early Saints.
- In June, Elder Andersen, Relief Society General President Jean B. Bingham and her counselor Sister Sharon Eubank hosted the Church’s first Face to Face event for single adults ages 31 and older.
Elder Andersen’s recent social posts
- Elder Andersen shared the new Church video featuring excerpts from a previous conference talk, where he explains the importance of staying centered on Jesus Christ after tasting the fruit of His gospel.
- In preparation for the June Face to Face event for single adults, Elder Andersen invited his social media followers to ponder President Russell M. Nelson’s invitation from the April 2021 general conference to increase personal faith.
- After each general conference, Elder Andersen and his family play a game to help them remember the messages that were shared. He shared the April 2021 version of the game prepared by one of his daughters on his social media channels.