Sister Franco spoke about the importance of service during her October 2018 address.
- “We have promised our Father in Heaven that we will serve Him and others with love and do His will in all things.”
- “It will certainly matter that we do all that we do with the special ingredient of service coupled with love and sacrifice.”
- “Love is made sacred through sacrifice.”
When members of the Church learn to participate in “unselfish service,” they embark on the great journey of helping to hasten the work of God.
When a person sacrifices for those around them, their efforts to serve with the love of Christ can be likened to the story of the widow’s mite from the time of Christ. “Her intentions were pure, and she gave all she had to give.”
Service is often the best way to manifest the love of Christ that each of God’s children can share with one another.
In this life, “what will matter is that we came with a desire to serve, that we noticed those to whom we minister and greeted them joyfully, … And it will certainly matter that we do all that we do with the special ingredient of service coupled with love and sacrifice.”
It is the love behind an action of service that renders the service truly meaningful. Love and service are two important principles that help keep individuals on “the covenant path.” Only by loving one another can the children of God learn to truly love Him.
How can you better show love to your family, friends and neighbors?
- Sister Cristina B. Francowas called in April 2017 as the second counselor in the Primary general presidency.
- She served with her husband, Brother Rodolfo Franco, as he presided over the Argentina Resistencia Mission from 2014 to 2017 prior to being called to the Primary general presidency.
- Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, she first moved to Utah with her parents in 1977 when she was 18 years old.
- Sister Franco and her husband were married in the Salt Lake Temple on Dec. 15, 1978.
- She and her husband have three children.
- She worked for 28 years in her family’s business which specialized in fixing and selling watches.