Since April 2019 general conference, a lot has been happening in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The Church recently released the October 2019 World Report, which features the news of the Church around the world over the past six months. Following is a list of 13 events featured in the World Report. Watch the video and read more about these events below:
- Temple dedications took place in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo; Fortaleza, Brazil; Port-au-Prince, Haiti; and Lisbon, Portugal. Temples were rededicated in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Memphis, Tennessee; and Oakland, California.
- More details about the new Children and Youth program to be launched in 2020 were released in a worldwide video presentation in September.
- The first segments of the Book of Mormon Videos series was released in September.
- The Church was formally recognized in Mali in September and Kuwait in June.
- A celebration was held to honor President Russell M. Nelson’s 95th birthday at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City in September.
- In September, Latter-day Saint Charities hosted its first UN-sponsored conference in Geneva. Bishop Gérald Caussé and Sister Sharon Eubank participated.
- The 68th United Nations Civil Society Conference was held in Salt Lake City in August. Bishop Caussé spoke at the closing plenary session.
- President Nelson and his wife, Sister Wendy Nelson, traveled throughout Central and South America with Elder Quentin L. Cook and his wife, Sister Mary Cook, in August.
- President Nelson spoke at the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Convention in Detroit, Michigan, in July.
- Sister Jean B. Bingham traveled to West Africa in June to see firsthand the pilot testing for the Gospel Literacy program.
- President and Sister Nelson and Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf and his wife, Sister Harriet Uchtdorf, visited Orlando, Florida, in June on the three-year anniversary of the shooting at Pulse nightclub.
- Elder Gerrit W. Gong spoke at the G20 Interfaith Forum in Tokyo, Japan, in June.
- President and Sister Nelson ministered to Latter-day Saints in the Pacific in May. Elder Gong and his wife, Sister Susan Gong, accompanied him.