- Heavenly Father’s plan of happiness — with the central act of the Atonement of Jesus Christ — provides hope and comfort, even in times of turmoil and confusion.
- What would Jesus teach and do if he were among the people today? What would it be like for Him to go to your ward or branch or home?
- Seek to follow Jesus Christ and walk the path of discipleship in order to one day experience the unimaginable gift of receiving a fulness of joy.
God lives and cares about all His children, even in hours of turmoil, confusion and chaos. He has appeared in the latter days to restore truth and light, His gospel and His Church, and He speaks to prophets again.
“God is among us — and is personally involved in our lives and actively guiding His children.”
Consider Heavenly Father’s plan of salvation and exaltation, the plan of happiness for His children. He has provided instructions revealing the way back to Him, and at the center of it all is His beloved Son Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice.
“Because of Jesus Christ, our failures do not have to define us. They can refine us. … If we repent, mistakes do not disqualify us. They are part of our progress.”
Heavenly Father loves with a perfect love and gave His Only Begotten Son as a sacrifice and a gift to His children to make the return to Heavenly Parents a reality.
“Open your hearts to our Savior and Redeemer, no matter your circumstances, trials, sufferings or mistakes; you can know that He lives, that He loves you, and because of Him, you will never be alone.
“God is among us.”
In the news:
- In a devotional on Feb. 25, Elder Uchtdorf encouraged missionaries to move forward and apply what they have learned during the pandemic.
- Elder Uchtdorf and his wife, Sister Harriet Uchtdorf, spoke to young adults in the North America Northeast Area on Nov. 1, 2020, about a “quick start guide” to mortal life.
- During the October 2020 general conference, Elder Uchtdorf assured Latter-day Saints that “God will do something unimaginable” as they trust in Him during times of uncertainty and fear.
About the speaker:
- Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf has been a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles since 2004. He served as a counselor in the First Presidency from February 2008 to January 2018.
- From 1965-1996, he was a pilot, captain and corporate executive for the German airline, Lufthansa.
- He is currently the chairman of the Missionary Executive Council and directs the global operation of all missionary activity for the Church.
- He and Harriet Reich married in 1962. They have two children, six grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Recently on social:
- Just as seafarers and aviators receive direction and orientation by the North Star or the Southern Cross, Jesus Christ provides orientation and guidance in the journey of life, Elder Uchtdorf taught on his social media channels Feb. 13.
- In December, Elder Uchtdorf shared five steps of a “quick start guide” to get the confidence and energy to learn the gospel of Jesus Christ while doing and experiencing its fruits.
- During his time as a pilot, Elder Uchtdorf learned that while he could not control the difficulties he would encounter during a flight, he could choose how he prepared and how he reacted. “Focus on the things you can do and not on the things you cannot do,” he wrote in a social media post Oct. 18, 2020.