- Knowing we are children of God who wants us in His presence is a first step to returning to our heavenly home.
- The Redeemer offers protection from Satan’s mighty winds and storms.
- Christ ushers His followers “to the table of joyful life.”
Recognize and remember the pathway back to Heavenly Father — then faithfully and joyfully persevere throughout the journey.
First, remember “we are children of God.”
“Remind yourself of this heritage. Make time regularly to boost your spiritual immune system by remembering the blessings you have received from the Lord. Trust the guides you have been given from Him, rather than turning solely to the world to measure your personal worth and find your way.”
Second, remember protective foundations.
“Strength comes to us when we remain righteous, true and faithful to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, even when others overwhelmingly disregard the commandments and the principles of salvation.”
Third, remember to be prayerful.
“When we remember to pray, we find His sustaining love, and the more we pray to our Father in Heaven in Christ’s name, the more we bring the Savior into our life and the better we will recognize the path He has marked to our heavenly home.”
Fourth, remember to serve others.
“Do not underestimate the potential you have to influence others for good, both by the service of your actions and by the service of your example. Loving service to others guides us along the path to our heavenly home.”
About the speaker:
- Elder José A. Teixeira is one of Portugal’s earliest Latter-day Saints.
- Elder Teixeira recently spoke to students at Brigham Young University about the “extraordinary blessings” of being a faithful member.
- He was sustained as a General Authority Seventy on April 5, 2008.
- He was born in Vila Real, Portugal, on Feb. 24, 1961. He married Filomena Teles Grilo in June 1984. They are the parents of three children.