- Individuals can’t change the circumstances that will come to them, but they can prepare by following Jesus Christ.
- Heavenly Father knows the potential of each individual better than they know their potential.
- Although earth and hell may combine against us, they cannot prevail if we choose to let God prevail by establishing our lives upon His rock.
“Although earth and hell may combine against us, they cannot prevail if we choose to let God prevail by establishing our lives upon His rock.”
Where individuals build on their foundation “has a decisive effect on the outcome ultimately and eternally.” Each person should find and stay on the sure foundation as they establish their lives.
That foundation’s placement matters because, “We may not be able to change all of what is coming, but we can choose how we prepare for what is coming.”
“Just going to Church once a week is not enough to build upon the rock. Our entire lives should be filled with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel is not part of our life, but our life is actually part of the gospel of Jesus Christ.”
Heavenly Father knows the potential of each individual better than they know their potential. “He knows not only the details of our lives. God knows the details of the details of the details of our lives.”
About the speaker:
- Elder Chi Hong (Sam) Wong was born in Hong Kong on May 25, 1962, and joined the Church 20 years later.
- He and his wife, Carol Lu, were married in July 1983 and are the parents of four children.
- He has degrees in accounting and computer science and earned an MBA from Hong Kong Open University in 2008.