The “General Handbook: Serving in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints” continues to be revised, with 11 updated chapters now available in 23 languages.
The General Handbook replaces Handbook 1 (for stake presidents and bishops) and Handbook 2 (for all leaders). Once all chapters for the Handbook are published in the assigned languages, Handbooks 1 and 2 will be retired from the Gospel Library.
The translated chapters are:
- Chapter 5: Stake Leadership
- Chapter 6: The Bishopric
- Chapter 16: Living the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Chapter 21: Ministering
- Chapter 22: Providing for Temporal Needs and Building Self-Reliance
- Chapter 23: Sharing the Gospel and Strengthening New and Returning Members
- Chapter 24: Missionary Recommendations and Service
- Chapter 25: Temple and Family History Work in the Ward and Stake
- Chapter 26: Temple Recommends
- Chapter 27: Temple Ordinances for the Living
- Chapter 29: Meetings in the Church
- Additional updates in other chapters
The languages for the most recently translated chapters are: