Auditions for more than 100 speaking and singing parts for the “Savior of the World: His Birth and Resurrection” begin Friday, Aug. 26, and run through Thursday, Sept. 1.
The 2022 live, musical production of “Savior of the World: His Birth and Resurrection” is in the Conference Center Theater in Salt Lake City. It opens Friday, Nov. 25, and performances are Tuesdays to Saturdays through Dec. 30.
It’s a two-hour musical production based on the events surrounding the birth and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, according to the announcement on ChurchofJesusChrist.org. It was first performed in 2000.
The auditions are open to Latter-day Saint actors, members of other Christian faiths, and individuals from all races and ethnic groups.
Cast members are chosen, in part, for their theatrical ability, but directors are also seeking those with a desire to share their witness of Jesus Christ. The more than 100 speaking and singing parts are recast every year, bringing new participants to the production, according to the announcement on ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
Auditions can be scheduled online or by calling the casting hotline at 801-240-9300. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Those interested in an ensemble role should prepare to sing a hymn or Primary song as an individual or as a family. To audition for a lead role, please bring a résumé and prepare to sing 16 bars of a song that demonstrates your vocal range and ability. A Broadway ballad, a song from “Savior of the World” using the music found online or other sacred solo are appropriate.
Here’s the audition schedule:
- Friday, Aug. 26, 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.: Bountiful Regional Center, 835 N. 400 East, North Salt Lake, Utah
- Saturday, Aug. 27, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Bountiful Regional Center, 835 N. 400 East, North Salt Lake, Utah
- Tuesday, Aug. 30, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Latter-day Saint meetinghouse, 800 W. 1600 North, Orem, Utah
- Wednesday, Aug. 31, 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.: BYU Richards Building, room No. 1114, 15 Field House Drive, Provo, Utah
- Thursday, Sept. 1, 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.: BYU Richards Building, room No. 1137, 15 Field House Drive, Provo, Utah
Callbacks will be Friday and Saturday, Sept. 9 and 10, at the Bountiful Regional Center. Rehearsals will begin on Saturday, Sept. 24, at the Bountiful Regional Center.