As is tradition during April general conferences, the Church released its annual statistical report showing end-of-year 2021 information for Church membership, number of local units and number of missionaries.
The numbers of wards and branches, stakes and missions increased, while the number of district in missions decreased as several districts were organized into stakes.
With convert baptisms and children’s births, the number of Church members increased from 16.66 million to about 16.81 million.
After a decrease in number of missionaries during 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic, numbers of missionaries increased during 2021.
- In what region did the number of missions almost double in the past 10 years?
- What 4 nations have the most Latter-day Saints?
- Which countries have the largest percentages of their populations as Latter-day Saints?
- What are the countries with the most Latter-day Saints?
- Where do the largest percentages of Latter-day Saints live in the U.S. and Canada? Check out these stats on states, provinces and territories
- More than 40% of Canadian Latter-day Saints live in which province?
- Nearly half of Church members in the U.S. live in 3 states. Where do the rest live?