Two Utah counties — Salt Lake and Utah — have the most stakes of any U.S. county. The third-highest number belongs to Maricopa County, Arizona, with 72 stakes.
Salt Lake County and Utah County each have four dedicated temples: the Salt Lake, Jordan River, Draper and Oquirrh Mountain temples in Salt Lake County, and the Provo, Mount Timpanogos, Payson and Provo City Center temples in Utah County.
Salt Lake County has 181 stakes and Utah County 174.
Thirteen of the 15 counties in Arizona have at least one stake.
Maricopa County is by far the most populous county in Arizona, with 62% of the state’s population and 62% of the state’s 116 stakes.
Utah is the state with the most dedicated temples with 17. California has seven, and Arizona and Idaho each have six.
- Which counties in Idaho have the most stakes?
- Which counties in Utah have the most stakes?
- Which African nations have more Church members?
- Church membership grew in 49 of 50 states over past 10 years
- Africa, Philippines lead Church growth over past 10 years
- See graphics showing Church growth during 2021
- In what region did the number of missions almost double in the past 10 years?
- What 4 nations have the most Latter-day Saints?
- Which countries have the largest percentages of their populations as Latter-day Saints?
- What are the countries with the most Latter-day Saints?
- Where do the largest percentages of Latter-day Saints live in the U.S. and Canada? Check out these stats on states, provinces and territories
- More than 40% of Canadian Latter-day Saints live in which province?
- Nearly half of Church members in the U.S. live in 3 states. Where do the rest live?