Reservations are now available online to tour the Moses Lake Washington Temple during the public open house via reservations.churchofjesuschrist.org.
The public open house runs from Friday, Aug. 4, through Saturday, Aug 19, excluding Sundays. Tours start at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, and the last tours start at 8 p.m. Pacific Time.
All ages are invited. The free tours include a short video and a walking tour, all lasting about an hour. It is wheelchair accessible, and comfortable shoes and modest dress are also recommended, according to the open house information.
The single-story temple of approximately 20,000 square feet is located on Yonezawa Boulevard between Division Street and Road K NE, across the street from Yonezawa Park. A 17,000-square-foot meetinghouse was built adjacent to the temple on the 17-acre site.
Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will preside and dedicate the temple on Sept. 17 in two sessions planned for 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. that day. The dedicatory sessions will be broadcast to meetinghouses throughout the temple district.
President Russell M. Nelson announced a temple for Moses Lake during April 2019 general conference, one of eight temples announced. The temple site location was identified six months later, and an exterior rendering released a year after the temple’s announcement.
The groundbreaking was on Oct. 10, 2020, with Elder David L. Stapleton, an Area Seventy, presiding.
The temple will be the fourth dedicated temple in the state of Washington, following the Seattle Washington Temple (dedicated in 1980), Spokane Washington Temple (1999) and Columbia River Temple (2001) in Richland. A temple for Tacoma was announced in October 2022 general conference.
It’s one of three temple dedications by members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles scheduled for Sept. 17. The Bentonville Arkansas Temple will be dedicated by Elder David A. Bednar and the Brasília Brazil Temple by Elder Neil L. Andersen.
Scheduled temple open houses
Other ongoing and announced temple open houses include:
- The Saratoga Springs Utah Temple public open house began Saturday, April 15, and continues through Saturday, July 8, excluding Sundays. President Henry B. Eyring, second counselor in the First Presidency, will dedicate the temple on Sunday, Aug. 13. See reservations.churchofjesuschrist.org for reservation information.
- The public open house for the Brasília Brazil Temple begins on Saturday, Aug. 12, and runs through Saturday, Sept. 2, excluding Sundays. It will be dedicated on Sunday, Sept. 17, by Elder Andersen.
- The Feather River California Temple public open house will begin Saturday, Aug. 19, and run through Saturday, Sept. 9, excluding Sundays. It is scheduled to be dedicated Oct. 8 by Elder Ulisses Soares of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
- The McAllen Texas Temple public open house is scheduled to begin Friday, Aug. 25, and runs through Saturday, Sept. 9, excluding Sundays. Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will dedicate the temple on Sunday, Oct. 8.
- The public open house for the Bangkok Thailand Temple will be from Friday, Sept. 1, through Saturday, Sept. 16, excluding Sundays. Elder Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will preside and dedicate the temple in two sessions on Sunday, Oct. 22.
- In advance of the St. George Utah Temple’s rededication on Sunday, Dec. 10, the public open house will run from Friday, Sept. 15, through Saturday, Nov. 11, excluding Sundays and Saturday, Sept. 30, for the October 2023 general conference.
- The Okinawa Japan Temple public open house will be from Saturday, Sept. 23, through Saturday, Oct. 7, excluding Sundays. Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will dedicate the temple on Nov. 12.
- The Orem Utah Temple public open house will be Friday, Oct. 27, through Saturday, Dec. 16, excluding Sundays and Thanksgiving Day. The Orem temple will be dedicated on Sunday, Jan. 21, 2024.
- Lima Peru Los Olivos Temple public open house is scheduled Friday, Nov. 10, through Saturday, Dec. 9, excluding Sundays. It will be dedicated by Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles on Sunday, Jan. 14, 2024.
Information about tour reservations will be available on reservations.ChurchofJesusChrist.org when it’s available.