The free tour begins with a short video overview, followed by a walking tour through the temple. Comfortable shoes and modest dress are recommended, and the temple is wheelchair accessible. Guests are asked to park in one of the designated off-site locations and shuttles will be available to take visitors to the temple. The tours for the Orem Utah Temple are expected to take about 40 minutes.
After a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is built or has undergone an extensive renovation, it is opened for public tours prior to being dedicated or rededicated. After the dedication or rededication, Church members with temple recommends can enter to perform sacred ordinances.
The Orem temple will be dedicated on Sunday, Jan. 21, 2024, in two sessions, at 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. The dedicatory sessions will be broadcast to all meetinghouses in the Orem Utah Temple district.
A temple for Orem was one of eight locations announced on Oct. 5, 2019, by President Nelson during the Saturday evening women’s session of general conference.
The three-story, 70,000-square-foot edifice with a single attached central spire is on a 15.39-acre tract at 1471 S. Geneva Road in Orem, just west of Interstate 15 and Utah Valley University. The First Presidency announced the temple site on Dec. 11, 2019, and released the exterior rendering on June 24, 2020.
The Orem Utah Temple is one of 14 temples in Utah that are under construction, being renovated or awaiting dedication or rededication.
Three temples — the Brasília Brazil Temple, Bentonville Arkansas Temple and the Moses Lake Washington Temple — were dedicated on Sept. 17. It was the first time in the Church’s history that three temples were dedicated on the same day.
Recently concluded temple open houses
- The Feather River California Temple public open house concluded Saturday, Sept. 9. The temple is at 1470 Butte House Road, Yuba City. It is scheduled to be dedicated Oct. 8 by Elder Ulisses Soares of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
- The McAllen Texas Temple public open house also concluded Saturday, Sept. 9. The temple is at 300 W. Trenton Road, McAllen. Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will dedicate the temple Sunday, Oct. 8.
- For the Bangkok Thailand Temple, the public open house concluded Saturday, Sept. 16, The temple is at 1645/6 New Phetchburi Road Makkasan, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400 Thailand. Elder Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will preside and dedicate the temple in two sessions on Sunday, Oct. 22.
Ongoing or upcoming temple open houses
All times are in the local time zone of the temple.
- The St. George Utah Temple public open house started Friday, Sept. 15, and runs through Saturday, Nov. 11, excluding Sundays and Saturday, Sept. 30, for the October 2023 general conference. Reservations, which are recommended and available online, are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. St. George Utah Temple’s rededication is on Sunday, Dec. 10.
- For the Okinawa Japan Temple, the public open house will be from Saturday, Sept. 23, through Saturday, Oct. 7, excluding Sundays, and reservations are available from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Reservations are encouraged and available online. The temple is at 7-11, Matsumoto, Okinawa Shi, in Okinawa-ken, Japan. Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will dedicate the temple on Nov. 12.
Other scheduled temple open houses
- Lima Peru Los Olivos Temple public open house is scheduled Friday, Nov. 10, through Saturday, Dec. 9, excluding Sundays. It will be dedicated by Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles on Sunday, Jan. 14, 2024.
Information about tour reservations will be available later on reservations.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.