1930s: Ward priesthood meetings were shifted from Monday nights to Sunday mornings.
1930s: "Roadshows" began, with wards preparing an original short musical that could be moved quickly from meetinghouse to meetinghouse in a stake.
April 4, 1931: The first issue of the Church News was printed by the Deseret News.
Jan. 10, 1932: Missionary training classes began in every ward of the Church.
April 2, 1932: The Church launched a campaign against the use of tobacco.
June 1, 1933: The Church opened a 500-foot exhibit in the Hall of Religions at the Century of Progress World's Fair in Chicago.
1934: Junior Sunday School for children became part of the Sunday School program Churchwide.
Jan. 10, 1935: In a change of policy, members of the Quorum of the Twelve were released from auxiliary leadership positions as presiding officers and general board members.
July 21, 1935: The Angel Moroni Monument at Hill Cumorah was dedicated by President Heber J. Grant.
April 1936: The Welfare Program was announced during April general conference.
April 1936: The supervision of stake missions was given to the First Council of the Seventy, and missions were soon organized in every stake.
Sept. 20, 1936: The Winter Quarters monument at Florence, Neb., was dedicated.
Feb. 20, 1937: The Nauvoo Temple site in Nauvoo, Ill., returned to Church ownership when Wilford C. Wood, representing the Church, purchased the property.
July 1937: Hill Cumorah pageant, "America's Witness for Christ," began on an outdoor stage on the site of the Hill Cumorah in New York.
Sept. 12, 1937: President Heber J. Grant returned to Salt Lake City after a three-month tour of Europe.
Aug. 14, 1938: The first Deseret Industries store opened in Salt Lake City as part of the Welfare Program.
November 1938: The Genealogical Society of Utah had its own microfilm camera and began microfilming baptism and sealing records of the Salt Lake, Logan, Manti and St. George temples.
Feb. 18, 1939: Some 1,400 persons visited the Church's exhibit, a miniature Salt Lake Tabernacle with a seating capacity of 50, on the opening day of the San Francisco World's Fair.
June 19, 1939: In behalf of the Church, Wilford Wood purchased the old Liberty Jail in Missouri where the Prophet Joseph Smith and others were incarcerated during the winter of 1838-39.
Aug. 24, 1939: The First Presidency directed all missionaries in Germany to move to neutral countries. Later the missionaries were instructed to leave Europe and return to the United States. The last group arrived in New York Nov. 6, 1939.
Oct. 6, 1939: The First Presidency message on world peace was delivered in general conference by President Grant.
Dec. 31, 1939: The Church ended the 10-year period with a membership of 803,528 in 129 stakes.