From senior leaders receiving the COVID-19 vaccine to the first ever Friend to Friend broadcast for Primary children, the year 2021 included many noteworthy events for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Amid an ongoing pandemic, it was a year characterized by temples continuing to reopen, changes to missionary training, global humanitarian efforts, general conference messages of hope, Latter-day Saint athletes making headlines and more.
Below are several articles and photos that illustrate news of the Church in 2021:
- A look back at Church news highlights from 2021
- Missionary work in 2021: Spotlight on hybrid training, reopened MTCs
- Temples in 2021: Emphasis not just on edifices themselves but work of salvation going on inside
- Take a look at changes in phased temple reopenings in 2021 through graphics
- Sarah Jane Weaver: What 2021, a new temple and two missionaries taught me about faith
- Watch these 14 Church News videos you might have missed this year
- Church News podcast Episode 63: Deseret News Executive Editor Doug Wilks on how connection helped overcome contempt in 2021
- Service and humanitarian work in 2021: How the Church and its members reached out in love around the world
- This year on social: Family stories, scriptural insights and other uplifting messages from Church leaders in 2021
- Messages of hope and faith in Jesus Christ emphasized in general conference messages in 2021
- 2021 marked a ‘season’ of lofty highs for Latter-day Saint athletes
- Read the Church News staff’s favorite stories from 2021
Want to stay caught up on the Church News? Download or update our app here and be sure to enable notifications. Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly and/or daily newsletter here. If you’re interested in receiving the print edition of the Church News, subscribe to the Deseret News here.