Official policies and announcements

Clerks are to retain in the home wards the membership records of members who leave their homes temporarily for winter or for employment, even though they may be away for more than three months. . . .

Before a member leaves home . . . the bishop should give him a Member Identification form (33134) with the "Expiration date" entry on the form showing when the member intends to return. This form normally is used when a member will be away from his or her home ward less than three months. However, bishops may use it for those who will be away longer than three months. The member should give the form to the bishop of the ward where he or she will be living temporarily.- Bulletin, 1992-2

Subscribe for free and get daily or weekly updates straight to your inbox
The three things you need to know everyday
Highlights from the last week to keep you informed