“I hope and pray that we will recognize the importance of angels in our lives.”
“The Lord is aware of the challenges you face. He knows you, He loves you, and I promise, He will send angels to help you.”
“The Lord is always looking for willing volunteers to be angels in others’ lives.”
- The angels “that walk among us” are powerful reminders of God’s love.
- The Lord needs emissaries on earth to be “ministering angels” for those looking to fit in and follow the gospel’s path.
- Christ’s gospel is a gospel of love and ministering.
Recognize the importance of angels in one’s life — the angels on “this side of the veil that walk among us in our everyday lives” and are reminders of God’s love.
The missionaries who share the gospel with others, a good friend who makes one better, a diligent seminary teacher or a trusted youth leader can aptly be called “angels among us.”
“Thanks to all these angels, and many others I encountered during those important early years [following my conversion], I received enough strength to remain on the covenant path as I gained a spiritual witness of the truth.”
To new converts, do not give up on your efforts to be a part of the gospel family — it is the true Church of Jesus Christ.
“When it comes to your happiness and salvation, it is always worth the effort to keep trying. It is worth the effort to adjust your lifestyle and traditions. The Lord is aware of the challenges you face. He knows you, He loves you, and I promise, He will send angels to help you.”
To Church members, remember it is not easy for new converts or others who may feel different to instantly fit in. The Lord is aware of the challenges they face, and He is looking for angels willing to help. The Lord is always looking for willing volunteers to be angels in others’ lives.
“Brothers and sisters, would you be willing to be an instrument in the Lord’s hands? Would you be willing to be one of these angels? To be an emissary, sent from God, from this side of the veil, for someone He is worried about? He needs you. They need you.”
When people are willing to serve, the Lord will give them opportunities to be ministering angels. The Lord will place those who need angelic help in their path.
About the speaker:
- Elder Carlos A. Godoy of the Presidency of the Seventy was sustained as a General Authority Seventy on April 5, 2008.
- A convert, Elder Godoy joined the Church as a teenager in his native Brazil.
- He has served as a counselor in the South America West, Brazil and South America Northwest Area Presidencies and as President of the South America Northwest Area.