October 2022 general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is 35 days away. It will be held Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 1 and 2.
If someone wanted to prepare by re-reading the talks from April 2022 conference in order, one talk per day, he or she should start today, Aug. 27, to finish by Friday, Sept. 30.
April’s conference featured 34 talks over the five sessions. President Russell M. Nelson, President of the Church, spoke three times. President Dallin H. Oaks, first counselor in the First Presidency, spoke twice — once as an introductory message to the women’s session and once in the Sunday afternoon session — and President Henry B. Eyring, second counselor in the First Presidency, spoke in the Saturday morning session.
Each member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles spoke once. Members of the Young Women, Primary, Relief Society and Sunday School general presidencies gave talks, as did 11 members of the Seventy.
The Church News will feature one talk summary per day on its Twitter and Facebook pages, starting with President Nelson’s opening remarks from Saturday, April 2, titled “Preaching the Gospel of Peace.” Look for those links on social media each day, or find all the talk summaries here in the Church News’ coverage from April 2022.
Full conference talks are available in the Gospel Library. General conference messages will be published on the Gospel Library app, on ChurchofJesusChrist.org, and in Church magazines for further viewing and study.
The Church News will publish talk summaries, photo galleries and other articles about the conference on TheChurchNews.com.
More from April 2022 general conference
- President Nelson opens general conference, decrying contention and asking every worthy, able young man to serve a mission
- A prophetic call: Senior Church leaders emphasize missionary service for young men, young women, senior couples
- Leaders testify about covenant power and the strength of the women of the Church
- President Nelson pleads for conflict to end, positive spiritual momentum to increase
- 17 new temples announced by President Nelson, totaling 100 during his time as prophet
- Jesus Christ offers peace amid the day’s conflicts and turbulence, declare general conference speakers
- 100 temples announced by President Nelson — and the counsel he’s given
- President Russell M. Nelson’s temple announcement triggers global joy and happy anticipation