Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles held a live Q&A on Instagram on Tuesday, Sept. 20.
In the 15-minute question-and-answer session, he addressed questions submitted by his social media followers about a variety of topics, including faith, obedience and scripture study. Elder Bednar participated from his office in the Church Administration Building in Salt Lake City.
The questions included:
- “How can I increase my faith in Jesus Christ?”
- “What is the most meaningful thing you’ve learned as an Apostle?”
- “What is your favorite scripture?”
- “What is the best way to go about deciding career options?”
- “What is the best advice you can give for someone who is about to go on a mission?”
- “How can I be more obedient and diligent in my life?”
In response to what he has learned as an Apostle, Elder Bednar referenced the Savior’s visit to the Nephites recorded in 3 Nephi 11, in which He invited the 2,500 people in attendance to come forward and feel the wounds in His hands, His feet and His side. “He didn’t invite a select few to come up and have the experience and then explain to others ‘Yes, it’s real.’ Each person individually had that opportunity. ...
“I travel all over the world to fulfill a variety of different assignments, but it’s always about finding a ‘one.’ It’s always about individuals. So the most significant, the most meaningful, the most impactful thing I’ve learned is how real it is to say that the Lord knows us. He knows us by name. He knows us one by one. And that’s how He does His work.”
Elder Bednar closed with his witness of God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. “I witness that They live and the Savior knows us, one by one.”
Watch the Q&A on Elder Bednar’s Instagram page.