April 2023 general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is 33 days away. It will be Saturday and Sunday, April 1 and 2.
All five general sessions of the April 2023 general conference — the morning, afternoon and evening sessions on Saturday, April 1, and the morning and afternoon sessions on Sunday, April 2 — are for all individuals, families and friends.
April 2023 general conference preparations
If someone wanted to prepare by re-reading the talks from October 2022 conference in order, he or she should start today, Feb. 27, to finish by Friday, March 30. Today and tomorrow would need to include two talks per day, then after that read one talk per day
October 2022 conference featured 35 messages over the five sessions. President Russell M. Nelson, President of the Church, spoke three times. President Dallin H. Oaks, first counselor in the First Presidency, spoke in the Saturday morning session, and President Henry B. Eyring, second counselor in the First Presidency, spoke in the Sunday afternoon session.
Each member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles spoke once. Members of the Young Men, Young Women, Primary and Relief Society general presidencies gave talks, as well as the Presiding Bishop and 12 General Authority Seventies.
October general conference talk summaries
Leading up to April 2023 general conference, the Church News will feature daily talk summaries from last October on its Twitter and Facebook pages, starting with President Oaks’ opening remarks from Saturday, Oct. 2, titled “Helping the Poor and Distressed.” Look for those links on social media each day, or find all the talk summaries at our October 2022 general conference summary page with the Church News’ coverage.
A link to each speaker’s full remarks is available in each of those summaries. Full talks are also available in the Gospel Library. General conference messages will be published on the Gospel Library app, on ChurchofJesusChrist.org, and in Church magazines for further viewing and study.
The Church News will publish talk summaries, photo galleries and other articles about April 2023 general conference on TheChurchNews.com.
More from October 2022 general conference
- President Nelson reaffirms Church’s position on abuse: It is ‘an abomination to the Lord’
- Church releases revised ‘For the Strength of Youth’ guide based on principles, agency
- Why did President Nelson sit while speaking in general conference?
- New Conference Center artwork of Jesus Christ welcomes general conference goers
- Eight General Authority Seventies released, given emeritus status
- Six new Area Seventies called in general conference leadership meeting
- How the Saturday afternoon general conference choir represents oneness of missionary service
- President Nelson announces 18 new temple locations, including 4 near Mexico City
- President Nelson’s temple announcement prompts members to rejoice worldwide
- What did President Nelson teach during the October 2022 general conference?
- 15 invitations from October 2022 general conference by the First Presidency, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Download a PDF of talk summaries from October 2022 general conference