Primary children, their parents and teachers are invited to watch the next Friend to Friend broadcast, which will be available beginning Saturday, Sept. 2, at 10 a.m. MDT.
The Primary general presidency and event hosts will use messages, music and crafts to teach about being a child of the covenant.
Louie the Toucan returns as part of the fun and engaging content made just for kids. The full 20-minute episode or portions of it can be used at home or in Primary to help teach children about the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The March 2023 Friend to Friend taught, “We are God’s Children.” This episode will teach about being a child of the covenant. In President Russell M. Nelson’s worldwide devotional in May 2022, he taught about identity, saying each person is first, a child of God; second, a child of the covenant; and third, a disciple of Jesus Christ.
“We are so excited for the children of the Church to learn in fun and engaging ways what they can do to live the covenants they make with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ when they are baptized and confirmed,” Primary General President Susan H. Porter said. “Children will learn they can receive strength to meet their own challenges and the ability to share the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ with others. Be sure to watch for the music video that will put a smile on everyone’s face.”
How to watch the September 2023 Friend to Friend
The episode will be available to watch on ChurchofJesusChrist.org or on the three Gospel for Kids YouTube channels:
- Gospel for Kids YouTube (English)
- El Evangelio para niños YouTube (Spanish)
- Evangelho para Crianças YouTube (Portuguese)
After the broadcast, it will be available with other Friend to Friend episodes on those YouTube channels and in the Gospel Library.
This episode will be available in Gospel Library in Albanian, ASL, Cantonese, Czech, Danish, Descriptive audio, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian.
Instructions for making a craft during the Friend to Friend
The broadcast includes a section where children can learn to make their own craft puppets like the different kinds featured in the March 2023 Friend to Friend.
Children can use any materials they have available. Potential supplies include:
- Rocks, sticks, pine cones, leaves, shells
- Macaroni or other pasta, beans, cereal
- Sponges, scraps of cloth, yarn, string, colored paper, buttons
- Cotton balls, toothpicks, wire
- Glue, tape, markers, pencils, straw
Previous Friend to Friend episodes
- March 2023 Friend to Friend teaches ‘We Are God’s Children’
- ‘Share the happiness that is found on the covenant path,’ Primary leaders tell children during November 2022 Friend to Friend
- ‘Jesus always leads us to the temple’: July 2022 Friend to Friend teaches children about preparing to enter the house of the Lord
- February 2022 Friend to Friend for children teaches about baptism, the Holy Ghost and the sacrament by ‘exploring’ the covenant path
- What a story from Elder Soares’ youth taught Primary children during the February 2021 Friend to Friend