The global family history gathering will be March 2-4, 2023, with an in-person event in the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City to complement its online experience.
The theme for RootsTech 2023 is “Uniting.” RootsTech is all about bringing people, stories, memories, technology, innovation, communities and, ultimately, families together.
“Families are the foundation of society,” said FamilySearch CEO Steve Rockwood in an Oct. 6 news release. “Connecting and uniting families across generations strengthens individuals and nations alike. We are amazed and gratified to see the role RootsTech has been able to play in helping literally millions of individuals connect with their family, past, present and future.”
Online and in-person options
According to registration details on RootsTech.org, the online event is free and will feature:
- 200-plus new on-demand class sessions and classes
- Main stage presentations and keynote speakers
- Chat support and online research consultations
- Connection with cousins using Relatives at RootsTech and messaging
- Virtual expo hall
The three-day, in-person experience is $98. It includes access to the virtual option, and:
- 180-plus in-person class sessions with Q&As
- In-person research help at the Family History Library
- Hands-on sponsor demonstrations in the expo hall
- Connection with friends and cousins in person
- Meal options and refreshments
Access to the expo hall in Salt Lake City is free to all and will include more than 200 exhibitors, product demonstrations and interactions with research specialists.
“For those of you questioning whether to join us virtual or in person, the best part about this year is you get to choose how you join us,” said Jen Allen, director of events at FamilySearch in the live RootsTech Q&A in September. “We hope you will come to Salt Lake if you’re able, but if you aren’t, the virtual experience is going to be incredible. We cannot wait to connect with all of you all over the world.”
For more information about RootsTech 2023, visit RootsTech.org.