Millions of members worldwide will watch, listen or follow the semiannual general conference broadcast of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Saturday, Sept. 30, and Sunday, Oct. 1.
The First Presidency, members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and other Church leaders will share messages of the gospel of Jesus Christ. All individuals, families and friends are invited to participate in each of the five sessions.
“General conference provides an opportunity to receive personal revelation as general Church leaders give counsel and direction. We encourage members to listen to, study, ponder, and apply the counsel given,” the First Presidency wrote in a letter dated Aug. 31.
The October 2023 general conference will be broadcast worldwide on ChurchofJesusChrist.org, other media and the Church satellite system. Below is information about the conference schedule, in-person attendance, ways to watch or listen live, ideas to prepare and how to follow online.
Schedule for October 2023 general conference
The conference will feature five general sessions — three on Saturday, Sept. 30, and two on Sunday, Oct. 1.
- Saturday morning session, 10 a.m. MDT.
- Saturday afternoon session, 2 p.m. MDT.
- Saturday evening session, 6 p.m. MDT.
- Sunday morning session, 10 a.m. MDT.
- Sunday afternoon session, 2 p.m. MDT.
General conference in-person attendance
The global broadcast will originate from the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. Due to the ongoing construction on and around Temple Square, in-person attendance at the sessions will again be limited. Tickets are being distributed by local leaders.
9 ways to watch or listen live to October 2023 general conference
Here are nine ways to watch or listen to October 2023 general conference live:
- ChurchofJesusChrist.org/broadcasts: Sessions will be streamed live in more than 70 languages.
- General Conference YouTube channel: Sessions will be streamed live in more than 30 languages.
- Gospel Stream is available on Apple’s App Store, Apple TV, Google Play, Google TV, Roku and Amazon Fire Devices (tablets and TVs) in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
- Gospel Library app: Sessions will be streamed live in more than 30 languages.
- KSL-TV, KSL NewsRadio, KSL.com or the KSL app: Sessions will be streamed live in English.
- BYUtv.org, BYUtv app, BYUradio.org, Classical 89 and SiriusXM channel 143: All sessions will be streamed live in English.
- Amazon Alexa devices and Google Assistant devices: Sessions will be streamed live in English through the Gospel Voice skill.
- Bonneville International: Find a cable, broadcast TV or local radio station in your area.
- TuneIn: Search for “Saints Channel Talk” or “Canal Mormon.” All sessions are streamed live in English and Spanish.
While Saints Channel will be discontinued, the Church will keep those streams operating for this conference for any people still using it. Saints Channel will not be available for April 2024 general conference or beyond.
Decisions about gathering to watch general conference in meetinghouses will be left to the discretion of local leaders.
Follow general conference online
The Church News will provide coverage of all sessions in English, Spanish and Portuguese, including news, talk summaries, photo galleries and the livestreams provided by the Church. Find coverage on TheChurchNews.com and the Church News app.
Follow along on social media with #GeneralConference.
Full messages from October 2023 general conference will be published in the Church’s Gospel Library, Gospel Library app, Gospel Media, on ChurchofJesusChrist.org and in Church magazines for further viewing and study following the conference.
5 ways to prepare for general conference
Here are five ways to prepare for October 2023 general conference:
- Review what President Russell M. Nelson taught during April 2023 general conference.
- Revisit invitations from April 2023 general conference.
- Read about Elder David A. Bednar’s pattern for studying conference messages.
- Learn more about the general authorities and general officers of the Church.
- Read “Ideas To Prepare To Participate in General Conference” on Gospel Library.