On April 1-2, millions of Latter-day Saints will watch or listen to the 193rd Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The First Presidency, members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and other Church leaders will share messages of the gospel of Jesus Christ. All individuals, families and friends are invited to participate in each of the five sessions.
“General conference provides an opportunity to receive personal revelation as general Church leaders give counsel and direction. We encourage members to listen to, study, ponder and apply the counsel given,” wrote the First Presidency in a letter dated Thursday, March 2, signed by President Russell M. Nelson and his counselors, President Dallin H. Oaks and President Henry B. Eyring.
The April 2023 general conference will be broadcast worldwide on ChurchofJesusChrist.org, other media and the Church satellite system. Below is information about the conference schedule, in-person attendance, ways to watch or listen live, ideas to prepare and how to follow online.
Schedule for April 2023 general conference
There will be five general sessions — three on Saturday, April 1, and two on Sunday, April 2.
- Saturday morning session, 10 a.m. MDT.
- Saturday afternoon session, 2 p.m. MDT.
- Saturday evening session, 6 p.m. MDT.
- Sunday morning session, 10 a.m. MDT.
- Sunday afternoon session, 2 p.m. MDT.
General conference in-person attendance
The global broadcast will originate from the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. Due to the ongoing construction on and around Temple Square, in-person attendance at the sessions will again be limited. Tickets are being distributed by local leaders.
9 ways to watch or listen live
Here are nine ways to watch or listen to April 2023 general conference live:
- ChurchofJesusChrist.org/broadcasts: Sessions will be streamed live in more than 70 languages.
- General Conference YouTube channel: Sessions will be streamed live in more than 30 languages.
- Gospel Library app: Sessions will be streamed live in more than 30 languages.
- Latter-day Saints Channel: Sessions will be streamed live in 10 languages.
- KSL TV, KSL NewsRadio, KSL.com or the KSL app: Sessions will be streamed live in English.
- BYUtv.org, BYUtv app, KBYU radio: All sessions will be streamed live in English.
- Amazon Alexa devices and Google Assistant devices: Sessions will be streamed live in English through the Gospel Voice skill.
- Bonneville International: Find a cable, broadcast TV or local radio station in your area.
- Tune In: Search for “Saints Channel Talk” or “Canal Mormon.” All sessions are streamed live in English and Spanish.
Decisions about gathering to watch general conference in meetinghouses will be left to the discretion of local leaders.
5 ways to prepare
Below are five ways to prepare for April 2023 general conference:
- Review what President Nelson taught during October 2022 general conference.
- Revisit invitations from October 2022 general conference.
- Read about Elder David A. Bednar’s pattern for studying conference messages.
- Learn more about the general authorities and general officers of the Church.
- Read “Ideas To Prepare To Participate in General Conference” on Gospel Library.
Follow general conference online
The Church News will provide coverage of all sessions in English, Spanish and Portuguese, including news, talk summaries, photo galleries and the livestreams provided by the Church. Find coverage on TheChurchNews.com and the Church News app.
Follow along on social media with #GeneralConference.
Full messages from April 2023 general conference will be published in the Church’s Gospel Library, Gospel Library app, Gospel Media, on ChurchofJesusChrist.org and in Church magazines for further viewing and study following the conference.